Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Earn While Learning Web3 Programming>> Start Here FREE!!!

[Solved] What Are The VS Code Extensions For HTML

12 Posts
8 Users
3 Reactions
Topic starter

EXERCISE: :
i. Watch the above lesson video and install the VS Code Extensions discussed. Then, answer the following questions

ii. What Are The VS Code Extensions For HTML? (You can also share other HTML  VS code extensions not added but can be helpful to other students)

iii. Summarize in your own word in this forum below:
(NOTE: please, don't just copy-paste from other students - instead answer in your own word based on your level of understanding the lesson and resources)

NOTE:

This Is An Exercise From Our FREE COURSE with CERTIFICATION:

HTML For Web3 dApp Development Course

(If you have not enrolled yet, you can join the course totally for FREE).

This topic was modified 2 years ago by foskaayteam4
User Avatar Abdulwasiu Kuforiji 09/11/2023 10:09 am

@foskaayteam4 VS Code extensions for HTML helps coders do more with basic html. They make writing tags easier, faster and more efficient.

Html extensions like

1. Live server which provides the result of code instantly without refreshing the browser.

2. Beautify makes codes look beautiful and less boring.

3.Bracket pair Colorizer makes the bracket pair pop out for easy error identification

4. Code spell checker helps to check code spelling mistakes

5.Prettier

6. Spelling checker

7. ToDo

8. Power mode energizes your code 

9. Recommended section

6 Answers
Topic starter

VS Code Extensions:

i. Live Server (Auto refesh HTML Pages After Save While Designing)
Hit (alt+L, alt+O) to Open the Server and (alt+L, alt+C) to Stop the server (You can change the shortcut form keybinding).
[On MAC, cmd+L, cmd+O and cmd+L, cmd+C]

ii. Beautify

iii. Bracket Pair Colorizer (A customizable extension for colorizing matching brackets)

iv. Code Spell Checker (Spelling checker for source code)

v. Prettier (Code formatter using prettier)

vi. Spelling Checker (A brand new tool that helps you fix your misspelled words)

vii. ToDo (Show TODO, FIXME, etc. comment tags in a tree view)

viii. Power Mode (Your code is powerful, unleash it! The extension made popular by Code in the Dark has finally made its)

ix. Recommended Section - Once you install an extension - VS Code will create Recommended section for you where they suggest related extension
you may want to check out.

Vs code extensions for HTML

- Live server

-Beautifier 

-Bracket pair colorizer

-code spell check

-toDo 

-power mode

-Recommended section

Others

-CSS peek

-Auto close tag

Solomon Foskaay Solomon Foskaay 25/02/2022 2:10 pm

@susari will likely checkout the autoclose. thanks

WSL Extention is used for ubuntu with Linux on windows

<html>

<head>

Header content here

</head>

<body>

Body content here

</body>

</html>

<html>

<head>

Header content here

</head>

<body>

Body content here

</body>

</html>
User Avatar Adewale Joshua 18/10/2023 7:57 am

My question is, am I going to get the Vs coded extension via my web browser or I'll just download it online

Solomon Foskaay Solomon Foskaay 18/10/2023 8:02 am

@jdapo13 Yeah you download and install VS code via https://code.visualstudio.com/download

User Avatar Adewale Joshua 18/10/2023 8:06 am

Is that the reason you said I should install Ubuntu? I was the one who told you that my laptop use window 7 so 

@jdapo13 Not just that, as a developer you will need "terminal" to write commands and interact with your dApps, nodejs, packages and more. It sucks on Windows but much easier on Linux Ubuntu. On windows you will need to install WSL (Windows Subsystems for Linux) before you can have a less stressful development environment on Windows but on Linux, its default and easier.

VS Code Extensions For HTML are the extensions we install on our VS Code to make our coding work easier. 

This post was modified 8 months ago by Ayoola Oluwadamilare
  1. Prettier
  2. Beautifier
  3. Code spell checker
  4. Live server
Share: